The Cast of Characters:
Powell brothers Eric and Nathan; Nathan's lovely GF Jaricia; friends Jeanie, Mike, Mike's daughter Alyssa; Bryan's cousin Michelle, husband Matt, sons Noah and Sam (4 wks old!); my super-awesome friend from grad school Casey, and my mom!
The many accomplishments included:
- a first coat of paint in the living room, dining room and cat-pee closet (our affectionate nickname for the main (only) downstairs closet, which appears to have doubled as a cat box for the previous tenant) - thanks to Jeanie, Jaricia, and Michelle)
- scraped up nearly all of the goo off of the hardwood floors upstairs (a tedious job that was rocked by Nathan, Matt, Mike, Jaricia and Eric)
- raked up approximately 400 cubic yards of leaves from the backyard, which made a huge difference (thanks to the brothers Powell)
- removed the hardware and gorgeous glass doorknobs from our awesome original wood doors (thanks to our Director of Restoration Services, Casey B.)
- took downthe wire shelving and pulled up the cat pee carpet from the cat pee closet (thanks Eric)
- hard-core cleaned the kitchen and downstairs bathroom - thanks to my mom. Cleaning is her unique (and apparently non-genetic) expertise. The kitchen cabinets look 250% better than they did before her elbow grease.